Fashion

Fashion

Monday, May 4, 2015

Must-Have Monday

Happy Monday Everyone!

So I was thinking about what today's post should be about, how can I possibly top "Sunny Sunday"? Well I thought why not start "Must-Have Monday"?

Today's post will show you this weeks "must-have", and I assure you, once you read this blog you'll be running to the store... if you don't already have todays must-have.

Hint from Twitter
If any of you looked at twitter (@thestylewatch1), you would have seen the hint for today's post... ------------->

So what do you think?

Well yesterday's blog was about sunglasses, so its not those..
Next thing that jumps out is probably the adorable summer sandals... but its not those either

With that being said, today's "must-have" is boyfriend jeans!!

All of you have probably seen this trend popping up everywhere, and with the right accessories and famine touches, you too can rock this must-have trend!

My Boyfriend Jeans, 49.95,
garageclothing.com
Personally, I never thought I could wear boyfriend jeans without looking like a boyfriend myself... but one day I went shopping and my mom practically forced the jeans on me... but I looked in the mirror and WOW! They actually looked good! Of course I had to buy them. Now whenever I go out they are my go-to. The best part is they look good with practically anything!
My Boyfriend Jeans, 49.95,
garageclothing.com

Some of you reading this are probably thinking, like myself, that you could never wear this trend and look good, well I have some tips for you non-believers!

I wanted this post to not only show you how great boyfriend jeans look on models and celebrities, but how you can look just as great, if not better! I did some research and found two articles on how to wear boyfriend jeans.

Article number one, is from Women's Health Magazine, titled "How to Wear Boyfriend Jeans". This article shows two simple steps to make boyfriend jeans work:

  1. Add feminine touches: you want some items that are the opposite of your boyfriend jeans, think structured, lady-like, even fancy. You want to add the perfect amount of feminine to the masculine trend
  2. Show off your shape: if you got it, flaunt it ladies! This being said, you don't need to wear a skin-tight, low-cut blouse, instead try something fitted, meaning narrow with a feminine cut.
Using these two tips, you can balance the boyfriend jeans, whether its for Saturday night out, or Sunday morning brunch... you'll be sure to rock this must-have trend!


Click here for full article: Link

Article number two is taken from Glamour Magazine, and it highlights a few additional things you can do with these boyfriend jeans to take them to the next level.

Model Bar Refaeli
Miranda Kerr
To the left we have model Bar Refaeli rocking a pair of ripped boyfriend jeans, paired with a loose fit tee and feminine leather jacket, looking chic and stylish for a night out on the town.

To the right we have Miranda Kerr, pairing the boyfriend jeans with a sleek blazer and pointed heels... showing us the grown-up way to wear the trend, maybe even for a casual Friday?

As you can see these two celebs made these jeans work with a loose fit tee paired with a fitted jacket to help show their shape, and the perfect accessories. These women show you can take boyfriend jeans from fun and flirty, to structured and sophisticated.

Kendall Jenner 

The last look that caught my eye from this article is Kendall's simple yet stylish take. Too hot outside to wear a jacket or blazer? Just throw on a plain white tee, half the effort but still fashionable!

Click here for full article: Link

I highly recommend that if you can only buy one thing for this spring you get a pair of boyfriend jeans!

Not only are the the latest spring trend, but they are also incredibly comfortable and can be paired with partially anything!

So before you go enjoy another beautiful day... stop at Garage, or Urban Outfitters and get yourself a pair! Trust me... you will be glad you did!

Well that's it for this Must-Have Monday! Hope to see you back here tomorrow!











No comments:

Post a Comment