Fashion

Fashion

Monday, May 11, 2015

Pedicure Perfection!

Hello Fashion Lovers!

I'm back after having strep throat and Mother's day and I'm ready to blog again!

I hope everyone had a great Mother's day and spoiled their moms. I gave my mom the gift of a pedicure curtesy of myself, and I was thinking that it would be a great topic to cover today! With summer approaching everyone wants their feet and toes to look perfect so you can wear your favourite sandals with confidence, so this post is going to show you some tips and ideas to keep you and your feet looking flawless and happy!



Before you give yourself the perfect pedi, you want to make sure your feet are in proper shape. Here's a few tips from Prevention Magazine that will help with any issues you might be having with your feet:

  • Dryness: Hydrate daily - after bathing you should restore softness by applying foot cream immediately while skin is still wet. 


  • Thick Toenails: Clip and file correctly - in order to eliminate this risk of ingrown, trim nails into a square shape then smooth the rough edges by filing 


  • Overgrown Cuticles: Soften cuticles every two weeks - rub on cuticle oil and immerse in warm water 


  • Calluses: Exfoliate daily - Use a foot file or pumice stone in the shower to buff away dead cells
  • Click here for full article
Now that your feet are looking healthy its time to make them look pretty with some nail art, below some ideas to help get you inspired and ready for summer!

Robin's egg blue with glitter 
Bright orange and nude sandal
Chevron and a bright colour
Coral and Gold, my personal favourite!
Mix hot pink and neon orange
Lady bug, so cute if you have a steady hand!
Palest lilac, just make the feet look tan and nails stand out 
Red and white polka-dot, a classic!
Polka-dot rainbow, use a toothpick
Stripe with anchor, what's summer without a nautical themed pedi?
These nail polish ideas are simple but beautiful and perfect for the summer! Click here for the full article.
Well that's it for today, now if you'll excuse me, I have to go paint my toes! 
Have a great day and see you tomorrow!








No comments:

Post a Comment